Who Killed the Electric Car



Did you know that in the '90s, they created an electric car? Not many people know this but seeing this film will teach you the reasons why its not here today.

There was a scene where a branch in the government is having a meeting on whether or not allow the electric car. This scene got me mad because the side of keeping the electric car had valid points but in the end, it was decided to not make the cars anymore. This got me upset because so many people had already bought the electric cars and just because many oil companies were against it, the people had to return the cars.

What surprised me was that the government sued California (The only place where the car was available and where it originated) to not sell or make any more electric vehicles.

After watching the film, I still think about how messed up it is that even the government did not like the idea of electric cars because they would lose money along with the oil companies even though it would be helping the environment.

I was a bit confused on what the company was who made the car. So I would do more research on that. I was also confused on why the company bought the Hummer. One last thing I want to know is what is going on with the electric cars from today.

The film received an 88% on rottentomatoes. One review mentioned that the film didn't answer all of the questions but it still was informative. Even though I still had questions unanswered it was not many. I do agree that it did educate me on many things.

I recommend watching this documentary.

Comments

  1. You are completely right, I had no idea that there was a creation of an electric car. I have many questions just from reading your blog. I am assuming the gas companies would lose a lot of money, therefore they were against the electric car. I will really take in consideration watching this documentary.
    -Ezi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had no idea there was an electric car created. I agree with Ezi on that it's probably because there would be money lost. I do think there would also be a lot of benefits to the electric car that should be considered more.
    -Alejandra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog